image via Pinterest
1. Get fit. Let's get the cliche out of the way - I want to get a better body in 2015. It's no secret that I love food and the older I get, the slower my metabolism gets. Gone are the days when I could eat whatever I want and keep the same figure I had in my teens. Of course I want to tone up, but I also want to push myself to get healthier so I am going to start running as that's my favourite activity, and also try fun fitness activities with my friends like bike riding, taking mega long countryside walks (which we do anyway and it's one of my favourite pre Sunday roast activities!) and going to classes like yoga.
2. Take better care of my skin i.e. stop sleeping with my makeup on. I admit - I am so bad at the moment with my skincare routine! Because I've had such an unsettled year, I've just plonked myself in to bed with my foundation and mascara on and just take it off in the morning which is an absolute crime and it really messes up your skin. So, now we have settled in our new house I have started my routine again and I'm taking better care of my skin and I can see an immediate improvement already! Some of my favourite products to use at the moment are: Lush Herbalism face wash; St Ives Apricot Scrub; Nuxe Creme Fraiche de Beaute mask and Vichy Normaderm Hydrating Care moisturiser.
3. Make more of an effort with myself. 2014 has been such a busy and unsettling year that comfy clothes have been my best year. Literally jeans and a t-shirt or sweater paired with Converse has been my uniform. I want to start wearing clothes like I did before: glamorous, on trend and stylish. Not that I haven't worn nice clothes this year, but I would like to look good 99% of the time, rather than my 50% effort in the past year. I want to sort out my wardrobe and get rid of old clothes I won't wear and make my wardrobe functional and cosy. I can't wait to share new outfits with you in 2015!
4. Start my YouTube channel. I have been going on about starting my YouTube channel for ages now and I've always been really nervous to do it because I feel like YouTube is a different game to blogging, but I absolutely love watching other vloggers and it looks like so much fun! The other problem I have is that I really don't know what I'm doing when it comes to filming and editing but I think I have found someone who can help me with the process so I'm really looking forward to exchanging ideas with a creative partner!
5. Bring my ideas to life. I have always been interested in fashion design and I actually took a course at college on how to design clothes but I didn't feel like I took a lot out of it because 99% of the time was spent creating collages and mood boards so I kind of left the idea. Recently, I really have got it in my head that I want to start making clothes again so I bought some patterns and my mum has a sewing machine and a resizable mannequin which I am going to borrow. I have lots of ideas which I want to bring to life and hopefully open a little online boutique.
6. Aim higher. This year I feel like I have put about 60% effort into the things that I do, mainly because I have been so tired of moving (two house moves this year guys, TWO!) I've felt unsettled because of that and I think a part of me just stopped caring. And even on my 60% effort, I managed to do a good job which makes me think of what I can achieve if I put in 100% of my energy into projects. I want to pay my blog more attention and really push it to succeed this year, and I want to put in 100% in to my life and make myself the best I can be.
7. Travel more. I love travelling and exploring new places and this year Liam and I have travelled a lot around the UK, but I want to extend our trips to places further away. There is something that is stopping me and that is my debilitating phobia of airplanes. I can't even go near an airport without heaving or feeling like I'm going to pass out, let alone think about getting on an airplane. Last time I had a conversation about the possibility of getting on a plane, I cried because I got so scared about it. It's awful, but I know that some companies do courses to help people tackle their phobia of flying so I'm going to get myself on one of those courses. I think in 2015 we'll start small by flying to places like Paris, Venice, Ireland and Austria and I absolutely cannot wait!
8. Sort through all paperwork. This one is a little bit boring, but it's necessary and that is to get all my paperwork in order. Bills, contracts, statements - all of those mundane pieces of paper that need to be filed away and kept safe incase I ever need to refer back to them.
9. Read more books. I love reading and I have made hardly any time for books this year - I have so many which I bought and haven't got round to reading! So in 2015, I will be taking some quality time out to finish two books I started in 2014 (Dracula and Girl Boss), and also start some new ones like Ebola and 1984 by George Orwell.
10. Learn new things. I want to carry on learning new things whether it's how to edit using iMovie or how to climb mountains or how to forage - whatever it is, I want to learn and expand my skill set. Both Liam and I feel like we need to carry on improving ourselves so it will be fun to learn new things together! I also really want to learn how to bake because it's one thing I'm lacking in - I can't bake to save my life! Unless it's cookie, which I have finally mastered - Christmas spiced cookies especially!
Here are my 10 resolutions which I want to stick to this year, some are very simple but some will require a lot of work and effort. 2015 is looking to be a really exciting year and I can't wait to share my experiences with you!