The beach season is definitely not over yet with a heatwave due to come at us in August, so I teamed up with boohoo.com to bring you my list of essentials to keep in your beach bag.
I love going to the beach for the day, but at the same time I need to go prepared otherwise I can get hot and bothered.
- Sunscreen: it is SO important that you take some sun screen with you because sunburn is nasty, lasts for ages, makes you look like a lobster, and do I even have to mention melanoma?! Please, please take care of yourself when out in the sun. My favourite ray blockers are: COOLA Suncare Sport SPF 30 Citrus Mimosa Sunscreen Spray // Bare Minerals Natural sunscreen SPF 30 // Dermalogica Solar Defense Booster SPF 50 sunscreen // Korres Yoghurt Sunscreen Face & Body SPF 30
- BB cream: I don't have the best skin, and I know that sun rays do help blemished skin but it's not so easy walking out of the house when you don't feel comfortable. So I use a light BB cream with SPF and my favourite is the Diorskin Nude BB creme SPF 10
- Sunglasses: You absolutely need to rock a pair of awesome sunglasses on the beach - and you don't have to go designer either as the high street has some amazing styles! Just check out these pairs from boohoo.com:
- Reviving mist: I love the feeling of cool, moisturising facial spray on my face after I've been in the sun. It's important to keep skin hydrated which means you'll get a nicer, more even tan! You can grab the Monu Rosewood Reviving Mist, Avène Thermal Water Spray, Vichy Thermal Spa Water Spray, or the Clinique Moisture Surge face spray to carry in your hand bag
- iPhone/iPod and headphones. I love chilling out and listening to music, especially when sunbathing on the beach. Spotify is brilliant and that's where I stream all my music from (although I do miss Taylor Swift) and some summer favourites include: Lean On by Major Lazer; Ain't No Rest For The Wicked by Cage The Elephant; Treasured Soul by Michael Calfan and West Coast by Lana Del Rey
- When it comes to books, I have the most varied style. This summer I'm reading The Bolivian Diary by Che Guevara and my previous reads include Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, #GirlBoss by Sophia Amarusso, and Dracula by Bram Stoker. See, massively varied!
- Always carry a bottle of water, natural juice or cold green tea in your bag to keep hydrated. You never know when thirst is going to strike and it's important for your wellbeing, and beauty, to keep fluids going into your body
- I also carry a little makeup bag where I keep lip balm, powder and concealer in for those times when someone in your group fancies a dinner or night out after the beach. I like to be prepared and able to refresh my look!
what i'm wearing: denim jumpsuit* boohoo.com // shoes JustFab // beach bag* boohoo.com // necklace Topshop // sunglasses Primark
Boohoo kindly sent me a couple of items to complete my summer looks, and here is the absolutely gorgeous denim jumpsuit which I will be wearing non stop! I love the style and the fit - I have wanted a denim playsuit for ages, but couldn't find one I liked. This is my glam beach look - maybe not so much for a chilled day of laying on the beach, but definitely for a day out/holiday outfit.
Boohoo.com currently have a Holiday Shop where you can find all essentials for a beach holiday or day out. I have a wishlist as big as my arm - their items are incredible and come with a niiice price tag.
What are your beach bag essentials?